*Otis Art Institute, Los Angeles, California
*University of Redlands, California, B.A., Art Major
*University of California at Long Beach, California, Masters Degree with an Emphasis in Painting SELECTED EXHIBITIONS AND AWARDS
Summer Creek, painting by Richard M Greene.
Karpeles Museum Exhibition, Santa Barbara, California.
B.J. Spoke Gallery, Expo 29 International Juried Competition, Huntington, New York.
Still Point Art Gallery, The Serious and Playful Sides of Light, Online Exhibition, juried.
"9/11, Before & After" Exhibition, San Luis Obispo, California.
"8th Annual 9/11 Memorial Event", Grover Beach, California.
Red River Valley International Exhibition, Vernon, Texas, juried.
Art League of Hilton Head National Art Exhibition, Hilton head, South Carolina, juried.
Cape Cod Art Association National Exhibition, Barnstable, Massachusetts, juried.
Emerald Art Center National Exhibition, Springfield, Oregon, juried.
ECR Gallery, Cambria California, "Heritage Hombres" Solo Show.
ECR Gallery, Cambria, California, Group Show.
21st Annual Quick Draw and Art Auction, Los Olivos, CA.
Mississippi Grand National Exhibition, Mississippi Museum of Art, juried.
Gallery Los Olivos, Los Olivos, California, Bold Impressions, Two-Artist Show.
Photo of painting of Los Osos Valley CA. Gallery Los Olivos, Los Olivos, California, New Perspectives, Group Show.
First Place, Above The Grade Plein Air Festival, Atascadero, California, juried.
San Luis Obispo County Arts Councils 8th Annual Open Studios Tour, Nipoma, CA.
Open Studios Preview Show, Steynberg Gallery, San Luis Obispo, CA.
Century 21 Hometown Realty, Atascadero, California, solo show.
Central Coast National Fine Art Competition, Morro Bay, CA, juried.
20th Annual Quick Draw and Art Auction, Los Olivos, CA.
American Splash National Competition, Graham, Texas, juried.
Red River Valley National Art Exhibition, Vernon, Texas, juried.
Merit Award, Red River National Watermedia Exhibition, Fargo, North Dakota, juried.
Broadway Gallery, Santa Maria, CA, Guest Artist.
Gallery Los Olivos, Los Olivos, CA, Fresh Paint-Fresh Art, juried.
Savoir Faire Award, International Society of Acrylic Painters (ISAP) Annual
International Exhibition, juried.
Photo of painting titled Fruit Vendors.Sandstone Gallery, Laguna Beach, CA, Guest Artist.
Honorable Mention, Girardot National Exhibition, Cape Girardot, MO, juried.
Broadway Gallery, Santa Maria, CA Guest Artist.
National Society of Painters in Casein & Acrylic Award, The
Salmagundi Club, New York City, NY, 2004 Non-Members Exhibition, juried.
Salisbury Fine Art, Avila Beach, CA. From A Broad Brush, Featured artist.
Solo Show, Drayson Center, Loma Linda, CA.
Invitational San Luis Obispo Plein Air Painting Festival, juried.
National Acrylics Painters Assoc. (NAPA, USA) Annual International Exhibition
Cornell Museum, Delray Beach, FL, juried.
Silver Maple Gallerys National Miniature Exhibit, Waco, TX, juried.
AmSouth National Award, Mississippi Grand National Exhibition,
Mississippi Museum of Art, juried.
Rhode Island Watercolor Society National Watermedia Competition, juried.
Channel Island paintingArt in the Park, Morro Bay, CA, juried.
Fine Art Santa Barbara, CA, juried.
Clark Cultural Center Exhibit, Arroyo Grande, CA.
Purchase Award, San Diego Watercolor Society 22nd International Exhibition, juried.
San Luis Obispo Art Center Foot Long Group Show, San Luis Obispo, CA, juried.
The American Landscape Exhibition, Santa Cruz, CA, juried.
Santa Barbara Art Walk, Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History, juried.
Art in the Park, Morro Bay, CA, juried.
Gullivers Travel Exhibit, San Luis Obispo, CA, juried.
Art For Heavens Sake, Redlands, CA, juried.
First Place & Second Place, Loma Linda Cultural Arts, Loma Linda, CA, juried.
Photo of painting titled "the Cook".
Honorable Mention, Loma Linda Cultural Arts, Loma Linda, CA, juried.
Honorable Mention, San Bernardino County Museum, Mini-Exhibition,
San Bernardino, CA, juried.
Art For Heavens Sake, Redlands, CA, juried.
Best of Show, Loma Linda Cultural Arts Fall Show, Loma Linda, CA, juried.
Redlands Art Gallery, Redlands, CA, Solo Show.
Second Place, Rancho Cucamonga Annual Show, Rancho Cucamonga, CA, juried
Back to top ART MEMBERSHIPS
California Art Club
El Camino Art Association
International Society of Acrylic Painters
National Acrylics Painters Association, USA & England, Signature Member
Oil Painters of America
San Luis Obispo Art Center ART INSTRUCTOR
California School Districts in Riverside, Laguna Beach, Anaheim and Rialto
Laguna Beach, California, Art Co-ordinator REPRESENTATION
*Richard is represented by ECR Gallery, Cambria, California PRESS
- Avila Beach Community Newspaper "Meet the Artist, Richard Greene" by Michele Toone, Feature article with
photos October 2008.
- Times-Press Recorder, published by Pulitzer Central Coast Newspapers, "Pismo Artist Featured in Los Olivos Exhibit" by Hector Trujillo, Feature Article, March 2, 2007
- The Coast News, Central Coast News Group, "Atascadero's Plein air Festival, Above the Grade" by Joan Sullivan, feature article with photo, May 10-16 2006.
- KBIG 2, SLO Outdoor Painter's Enterprise, "Above the Grade Plein Air Festival", Interview with Joan Sullivan.
- Santa Maria Sun, published by Bob Rucker, "What's Happening" with photo. January, 2006.
- Santa Maria Sun, published by Bob Rucker, "It's Easy Seeing Greene" by Brent M. Parker. Featured article with photo, December 2005.
- The Artist's Magazine, published by F+W Publications, Inc., "Breaking the Rules" by Martha Newfield (Art Clinic). Featured article with photos, January 2005.
- The Bay News, published by Central Coast News, "Local Artist Wins Salmagundi Award" by Joan Sullivan. Featured article with photos, September 2004.
- San Luis Obispo County Journal, published by Steve Owens, Inc., "Profile, Richard Greene" by Sandy Baer. Featured article with photos, April 2004.
- Times-Press Recorder, published by Pulitzer Central Coast Newspaper, "Oceano Artist Covers Canvas With Broad Brush" by Bruce Maulden, featured article with photo, July 9, 2004.
- The Bay News, published by San Luis Obispo County Newspaper, "Art Seen", article with photo, November 7 2003.
- Times-Press Recorder, published by Pulitzer Central Coast Newspaper, "Pismo Beach Artist Brings Flair to Plein Air Cornucopia", by Bruce Maulden, featured article with photos, October 31, 2003.
- San Luis Obispo Tribune, story with photo, November 23, 2003. REVIEWSAVILA COMMUNITY NEWS (OCTOBER, 2008)
...Good paintings continue to describe Greenes work. His work is compelling and collectible. Retrospectively, his current work shines with confidence in both subject matter and execution...
-Michelle ToomeTHE ARTISTS MAGAZINE (January 2005)
Channel Island by Richard M. Greene is a very strong painting with many elements that work well. But Greene broke some basic painting rules and as a result he challenges our perceptions of what a good painting must include...in the hands of a less skilled painter these decisions would have led to an uninspired painting. ...despite the many challenges, the artist brings the subject, color and mood of the painting to a successful outcome.SANTA MARIA SUN (Dec.22-Dec 29, 2005)
In Greenes works, you can simultaneously see the subject and abstract patterns of blocks of color, lines, and textures. Some of the details are rendered clearer and sharper, while others are more abstract. You know youre looking at a moment that really happened, only its tinted and stroked by the workings of your mind, or, in this case, Greenes mind.
-Brent M. ParkerJOURNAL: THE MAGAZINE OF THE CENTRAL COAST (APRIL, 2004)
...I like his unique style of painting. He uses a broad brush and his work has a watercolorists feel. Its difficult to execute . Hes very skilled and obviously has a trained eye.
-Salisbury Gallery Owner
Maridel Kennedy SalisburyTHE BAY NEWS ART SEEN (September 2004)
...the mark of the tool in Richard Greenes work attracts the viewer to his paintings. Using an ordinary household varnish brush...gives his lush landscape subject matter an immediate emotional impact.
-Joan SullivanTIMES-PRESS RECORDER (Oct. 31, 2003)
Pismo Beach artist brings flair to plein art cornucopia. ...a contemporary expressionist with a bold approach to painting that is unique and immediately recognizable. email@example.com